Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pholourie Bakes

I don't know how to make pholourie but this started out as Bara for doubles from Trinigourmet.com. Nikki noted that the bara ingredients are similar to that for pholourie...


I wanted to experiment and subsititued yeast for baking powder and egg white. I added more curry and made more of a batter than a dough
It tasted like pholourie when I was done but didn't look like it, so I am gonna make this my recipe for pholourie bakes :)




INGREDIENTS:
2 cups flour


½ tsp salt


2 teaspoon curry powder


1 teaspoon gheera (cumin)


½ tsp ground pepper


2 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 cup warm water


1 well whisked egg white


Oil for frying


Method
Mix all ingredients

Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil

Fry till golden


The egg yolk ended up here too :)

The bakes tasted light and airy and soo good!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I use the instant pholurie mix and it turns out good and pour tamarind sauce on them. That is real good.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.