Thursday, February 01, 2007

Marcel Vigneron

The only Top Chef contestant that I ever found interesting. I don't know much about him except for what I saw on TV but what I saw I really liked.


I think that we may have similar personalities too. I could see that when they were given a challenge, he would start to think and work things out in his head. I realized that because he wasn't as sociable and mainstream as the other contestants, they couldn't feel comfortable around him. They needed him to entertain them and he wouldn't. I felt he may be an INTJ like me.


I really GOT him and what he was like. The other contestants thought he was arrogant and he grated on their nerves. The thing is though, he never was mean to any of them. He was straightforward and not even rude! They just couldn't deal with the fact that they couldn't figure him out, so they put a label to him..Whatever! They were mean and rude to him!


He has so many facets to him, and is so confident in his abilities. He is also so smart about what he does and who is is, and what he won't tolerate. I just DIG this dude so much. I kinda wish I could talk to him. I read a couple of articles and interviews that he gave, and one of my favorite interviews he did was for the GOTHAMIST.


In that interview he said that his idea of comfort food was this " I’ll get some cabbage and bacon, and braise it. Just really tasty stuff. It could be a grilled cheese sandwich, a BLT, fried chicken, collard greens."



I was kinda surprised by Food and Wine Magazine online article. It seemed like a fluff piece compared to the Gothamist. But they had a good picture at least :(


Geez I want to meet this guy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm istj :)

Marsha said...

Nikki you are an I?
Wow you are so popular and out there! I am gonna read up on you girl! did you follow top chef? I wrote a note to Marcel...

Anonymous said...

I realized that because he wasn't as sociable and mainstream as the other contestants, they couldn't feel comfortable around him.

I would never call any of them sociable or mainstream. For some reason, Ilan had a David Koresh/Jim Jones-type hold on these morons (Betty, Sam, Cliff, Mikey, Frank, Elia). He was able to deftly create this mob mentality against Marcel.

When Tom Colicchio called Marcel the "mad scientist" at the finale, i thought it was perfect. He's such an original guy. I think he's the true winnner of Top Chef.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.