Wednesday, December 13, 2006

When you are in the US for a while you long for all things Trini.
Bear took me to a caribbean store that he found on line and we went through all the isles.
I described everything to him and he listened intently and asked questions. He bought everything I recommended to try.
He even drank a can of Trinidad Orange Juice and loved it.
Although I found out later that he didn't reconstitute it. I thought that was funny because when I was growing up, that juice had to stretch!!
We made two big jugs from one can!
I saw SOLO!
I saw Chubby
I saw Peardrax! I love Peardrax. Bear asked me why was it called drax. I said because it was carbonated. He wanted to know why DRAX. I thought for a while and made up an answer that didnt make sense..then told him I wasn't sure...Why do they call it drax?
We saw cow heel and sweetbreads and other innards. They also had black pudding which I described, and Bear announced he didn't think it would be a good idea to eat that. Thankfully I stopped eating that years ago, so I didn't crave it.
Who knew that grocery shopping could be so exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so that's where all the solo bottles went to die lol... haven't seen soda in bottles in so long lol

Anonymous said...

So Trinidad don't have them anymore? I thought my mother had some!

Anonymous said...

Actually she did have a case or two of them up to very recently.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.