Monday, April 30, 2012

Dhal experiments

After the success of the chick pea dhal (I got no side eyes just yummies), I decided to experiment
So I tried a peas and carrot dhal with ground peanuts
I blitzed the sweetpeas and carrots with some peanuts

The peanuts helps give some texture and crunch
Then I transferred the blitzture to some hot curry (this is important, it has to be very hot curry so that the flavors infuse immediately into the mixture) in a pan and added my seasonings

Parsley, toum, thyme, oregano and a little salt is all you need (you can make it spicier of course)
Then simmered for two to four mins

Serve
You can eat it alone  or with anything you wish ( I ate mine with some roasted chicken)



It smells great and tasted delicious
I love experimenting!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.