Friday, January 04, 2008

So are you from around here?

I went to a BBQ place in Crawfordville/Wakulla.
It was a rural BBQ place.
I got a smoked Chicken Salad
The girl asked me what dressing I wanted and I said Red raspberry Vinaigrette
She said: Sorry we don't have that...
The cook showed me what they had, and I got one of those selections.
Then the merriment started
The girl looked at us and asked: So are you guys from around here?
I said no
My friend said yes

The BBQ place had animal skins splayed out on the wall.
While we waited for the food I got ribbed by my friend and the owner
Owner: You must eat at Panera a lot!
My friend: Sure you don't want some fresh mango with that?
And on and on....

I dunno what the big deal was..I just bought a bottle of the very same vinaigrette the other day, AND some mangoes...
I thought everyone had these on hand...
Meanwhile I forgot the card to the BBQ place..
It was funny, a pink pig smiling in the middle of the card...

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.