Sunday, January 20, 2008

How Mila does it..

Remember how Mila slathers her marrow on bread?

I wanted to try it that way, so for just this occasion I got Rye/pumpernickle and baked my marrows with lots of seasoning.

Toasted the bread till kinda hard
Slathered the marrow on the bread
Its like having scallops on bread..
That's the texture, but it tastes like meat on bread
It was good...
But that was enough for a while...
Its so heavy to eat that.
Look what they did with this Pot-au-Feu

pot-au-feu meat tradition French

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's always the way we eat the bone marrow in France. But only one piece of bread at a time. It's so heavy indeed. Pot a feu is one of our National dish !

Anonymous said...

The one Tall bone had so much marrow that it spread two slices of bread. I had to put away the smaller bone for some other time. I have to be careful how much I prepare.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.