That was because I added more liquid (from the strawberry extrudate) and didn't compensate in adding more flour.
Also if you want the cake to be pink, the extrudate will add only a little color, so you may have to go artificial if you want it really pink- I didn't.
Other than that....
I think this came out good. I don't say great because I think I can do better with some tweaking.
This is a white cake recipe from scratch that I modified by adding strawberry and vanilla/chocolate pudding.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (add another 1/2 cup-because of what I said)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries (previously frozen)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pudding cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Prepare the strawberries by letting them thaw in one cup of powdered sugar (yum)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla pudding
- Add the Strawberries
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.