Tuesday, January 16, 2007

6 Weird Food Facts About ME: Behind The Apron

Nikki Tagged me so I am glad to do this.
I will also use this as my entry for the BEHIND THE APRON ROUNDUP

1. The fact that I am a scientist and spent many years doing lab work, has helped me with my cooking a lot.
I am not afraid to experiment with different flavors and combinations.
Some of the science behind food, helps me to know what will work and what won't.
However, baking is a science that I just can't grasp :(

2. For years I couldn't eat cheese. It made me feel like throwing up. Now I can stand to eat cheese, but I have found that too much cheese, especially mozzarella or cheddar still makes me ill.

3. I have recently developed deathly allergies (been taken to the hospital with throat closing), to certain fruits which I used to love and eat no problem :(

4. I love British chefs because they don't seem to give two hoots about health crazes. Nigella Lawson especially. She makes what she calls 'comfort foods' with heavy cream, butter, full fat meats, bacon and everything that she thinks tastes good. Gordon Ramsay cusses to no end at everyone, and Jamie Oliver, though a bit mild mannered has a filthy mouth! I cringe but secretly love it hahah

5. I love to make chutney. I can make a savory sweet chutney out of just about every fruit. I like compotes too. I think you can eat them on the side with every meal you make.
I love apple and orange chutney, but mango chutney is my favorite, followed by blueberry :)

6. I think that as long as you have an egg, you will never die of malnutrition hahaha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee that's why i love paula deen :) and she seasons her shiznit :D :D :D

WMS said...

that's funny... you appreciate the finer cussing abilities of the Brits! me too!

Marsha said...

Paula is lascivious! Listen to the comments she makes!

Brits cuss like nobody's business!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.