Saturday, June 16, 2012

Experiment Brassica

After a little research I found that I am in love with Brassica sp in food
I tried a new experiment with rutabaga/swedes
 This was my first time ever
When we were younger we used to read about swedes as something farmers gave to their cows and other animals. So I never realy thought about them
I saw rutabaga fries on twitter. This musician from Iceland made them and I asked how they tasted. He told me they were great and that I should try them. I decided to try
They are waxy on the outside and hard to cut but it's all worth it.
 I peel em 

Then cut them up

Then do seasoning things to them  in a little coating of oit

Bake at 400F for 30 minutes 

Turn them at the halfway mark

Then plate them to eat like so


Have em with chicken for dinner
They are so very delicious. and VERY low carb so you can eat them a lot- and believe me I will

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.