Sunday, April 22, 2012

Eggplant Experiment

I saw on youtube and online Eggplant bacon
You can make 'bacon' with eggplant

Cut the eggplant into thin strips (they had a mandolin, I did not so it's a little crude)

Marinate in a marinade of oil, soy sauce, parsley, and other things (I think it's whatever you want to taste) for a couple hours

Line on baking tray like so

Bake 350 for 40 mins
There were varying temps
AT one point I turned it up to 425 and forgot to check


So some got burned
The ones that werent burnt tasted really good :)
I don't consider this a fail

I loved the taste, texture, flavor
Just keep and eye on it in the oven and throw away the burnt bits
It tasted really really good


AND I would use it in the same way that you use bacon (I haven't had bacon in years and I don't eat pork)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.