Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Here we go again

OK I said I was gonna do it and I really DID.
I am so excited

1/3 cup ground flax seed

1/3 cup almond powder

1 egg

1tbsp canola
1tbsp half and half
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder


Mix

Place in microwavable container
Microwave for one minute

Changes and comments:
The bread cooked in 1 minute and 40 seconds
When you turn it out onto the paper towel the bread is a little damp on the bottom
Next time I may use a small egg because I feel it was a bit much to use a large egg

When you microwave bread the texture is not as dry as when you do it in the oven
HOWEVER

When the bread cools off it gets more of that bready texture
It tasted like a whole grain bread
It tastes good
Total 10 gram of carbs with 5 being fiber
I am so happy!!

I can eat bread again!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.