Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Fail!

OMG
This was one of the worst dishes I ever made
I am trying all kinds of vegetarian things just to make sure I can do it all the time and not revert to meat when I feel lazy.
So I tried this soup.
Its a baby bella and white bean soup.
Sounds like it might work right?
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sauteed the mushrooms till they turned brown and added the white beans. Then I added seasonings, oregano, pepper, salt, parsley, etc.
I added water and simmered.
Then I put it through the blender and added a little gorgonzola.
In theory this should work
This thing had the worst smell. It was the baby portabella mushrooms! I think I had to cook them longer.

Like really cook them so their juice extruded and they absorbed all the flavor of the seasonings I put in. Usually when I cook this type of mushroom it always comes out so perfectly delcicious.
I know I didn't cook it enough

Added to that:
The white beans have no flavor on their own.
And beans are not my fav

So it tastes like this MASS of goop that has great seasonings but the underlying flavor sucks!!!!!
It's enough to make me want to give up. But I will try again!
I will not be beat by soup!
ps. I am really ill right now and wanted soup to help me heal.
Too bad it did not work. I haven't been able to eat much these past days.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.