Thursday, November 12, 2009

An effort

Once again I am renewing my efforts to 'eat decently'
That means that when I cook I will force myself to sit at the table and concentrate on what is on the plate and eat it slowly.
Instead of the usual, sitting on the love seat in front of the tv and hurrying through the meal so that I can get on with the business of doing something else.
I never do that when I am at people's houses or at a restaurant. I savor the food and the connection and the talking.
Its great.
At home, I just want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, and how I want to do it, and it seems like eating gets in the way of that.
So I hurry through it.
I like the cooking part
I can experiment and mix and be happy that all my strange combinations, and pinches of this and pieces of that are melting and mixing in the right proportions and tasting oh so good.
But when I get everything done and on a plate.
I just kinda feel deflated.
Its all over then and the food seems boring (even when its not)
SO then I hurry my way through to get it done.
SOmetimes I don't eat what I made.
Most times I have to because I am hungry. It's more fun dishing the meals out into various containers and looking at them.
I dunno.
From today I will make an effort.

I have a great soup at home.
It's a spicy soup with shredded vegetables from a japanese blend.
I added some vegetable dumplings and grogonzola cheese to thicken and give it a creamy tang.
Then I added sweet potato puree and some chopped pecans.
It is sweet, tart and spicy all at the same time and I loved smelling it.
But I didn't eat any.
I just put the whole heavy pot in the fridge.
I tasted it with a spoon though :)
So today I will put some into a bowl.
(I will take pic when I do that)
Sit at the table
Read some more "Like Water For Chocolate", and see how it goes.
Cross fingers!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.