Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Underrated Vegetables

Brussel Sprouts! I never hear enough about them.
I knew that I would like them as soon as I saw them, when I came here!
Remember I am from Trinidad and I had never seen them there, but i bought my first frozen bag and was hooked!
They are like tiny cabbages.


I sautee or curry them, or sautee then stew them.

Either way, they are delicious.
A word of warning though, they have a slightly bitter aftertaste. I didn't realize it till sis and I had them over Christmas.


We ate a lot of it, and then realized that something was just not quite right.


I think the slight bitterness turned sis off, but I realised that I should just eat a few at a time with some meat and other vegetables.

1 comment:

Dr. Melissa West said...

Oooohhh, curried brussel sprouts, what a great idea!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.