Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares-with pics!

I know I posted this before but that was just so I would remember the recipe that Sandi gave to me.
So here it is as I plan to make it and add pictures.


Of course everyone knows I don't follow the recipe to a tee (as Trinigourmet says I am too HARDEN), so I will make notes as to how it tastes or works differently to the original.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
1 ¾ cup crushed graham crackers (pulverize into crumbs)


2 ¼ cup powdered sugar. (I use 4 heaping tablespoons of chocolate frosting instead of sugar)
1 cup peanut butter
½ lb butter (melted) ( I use 1.5 sticks of butter)
12 oz chocolate chunks (I don't use the chunks because I have the frosting added)


1/2 cup of Raisin Brand cereal
1/2 cup chopped almonds

Mix together: graham crackers, sugar, peanut butter, butter.


Add a handful of chopped almonds
Add a handful of raisin bran cereal

Spread in ungreased cookie sheet.
Melt chocolate and spread on top.


Cool in fridge and cut into squares.

Note: I left in the fridge for 2 hours, but 45 mins will do if you need to serve them quickly
Go crazy with the nuts..add more if you want
The grahams I used were fudge covered, so you can ease up on the sugar


Makes about 25 squares

They are really thick and rich, so one per sitting is all you need

2 comments:

CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

It looks delicious! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I tried making them. Mummy liked the "nutlets" too bad!!!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.