Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sandy's White Bean and Pepper Salad

My friend Sandy gave me this recipe after she made and brought in this salad for a party recently.
I don't normally like beans at all but the smell of this was so good that I tasted it.
YUMMY was all that I have to say about this. I am going to try it at home.
Maybe I will start to like beans more and more.

Sandy's White Bean and Pepper Salad
2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 and 1/2 tsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dried dillweed or fennel seed (crushed)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic minced
1 15 ounce can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Stir together lemon juice, oil, suger, dillweed/fennel seed, pepper and garlic
Add beans/red pepper, cucumber and green onions.
Toss to coat
Cover and Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.

This Salad tasted so fresh and crisp and cleansing. I ate a lot of it and it doesn't give you a heavy full feeling at all!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.