Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ixora/West Indian Jasmine

I only put this in the food section because I used to eat these things....
Well not eat, but I think just about every Trinidadian remembers picking Ixora from around the savannah by the Port Of Spain General Hospital and sucking on the tips for the nectar.

There was only a small amount of course, and you had to suck hundreds for a good sweet taste but I still liked it...
Oh yeh ...You had to be careful of bugs.
This last pic is a plant I think is similar to IXORA . It is found in Turkey.
Janice took that picture during a visit there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, we always had in our neigbourhood and in the school gardens, so I spent a lot of time pulling out those miniscule drops of nectar.

(Followed the link from TriniGourmet to this blog :-)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.