Monday, December 08, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 16 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat orange sherbet ice cream, softened slightly
MICROWAVE 1 1/4 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool to room temperature.
LINE 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap, allowing 4-inch overhang on all sides.
COMBINE crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared loaf pan.
BEAT 3/4 cup cream and powdered sugar in small chilled mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon half of chocolate mousse (about 1 1/2 cups) over cookie layer; smooth top. Freeze for 2 hours or until very firm. Cover and refrigerate remaining chocolate mousse.
SPOON sherbet over frozen chocolate layer; smooth top. Freeze for 2 hours or until very firm.
SPOON remaining chocolate mousse over sherbet layer; smooth top. Freeze for 2 hours or until very firm.
MICROWAVE remaining 1/2 cup morsels and remaining 1/4 cup cream in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Spread evenly over mousse layer. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
NOTE: Full freezing time is necessary. Each layer must be frozen solid before topped with the next layer for a clean result.
• May be layered with other flavors of sherbet or ice cream.
• To cut slices more easily, run hot water over knife blade and dry prior to cutting.